College Preparation Talk by Kalven Goreal
EqOpTech is pleased to host a college talk to prepare our high school volunteer interns for college. Mr. Goreal will be joined by 2 LAHS graduate to share their personal experience about best-fit college, crafting your story, Insights into non-published admission requirements, their journey through the CommonApp and Coalition process etc.
Where: The View Teen Center, Castro Room, 263 Escuela Avenue, Mountain View
1. We are here to craft your story, but what does that really mean?
2. I do lots of different activities, am I setting myself up for great opportunities?
3. What colleges love to see in a high school student
4. How do we identify our strengths and talk about them to someone that doesn’t know me?
6. Taking Calculated Risks, be different, especially when you see a possible impact
7. Develop skills that will continue being used (how we can do that) and be sure to give back!
8. What we write and what we write about, what kind of stories are involved, and examples?
9. Why we write the way that we write, with a narrative flair that sparks the mind
10. Writing Timeline: UC’s/Common-Coalition/Supplementary,